The Jenni Forums

The Discussion Forum for the Jenni webcomic
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

This comic is now an adventure game, Doug's Moai Adventure. Download it here. :)

There's two things I wanted to do this year. I love the Torpedo Rock collaborative comic on the Telltale forums and I've been wanting to start something similar, and I'm a big supporter of the public domain, so I'm going to use this post to do both.

Since the United States public domain laws prevent works from going into the public domain for the forseeable future, I wanted to release one of my own creations in support of the public domain. But, due to differing public domain laws in different countries (a work that is in the public domain may not necessarily be in the public domain in others), I decided to use a more binding license instead.

Ever since I first created Doug the Ogre he has been one of my favorite characters. He is also mostly a clean slate. The only thing ever said in the Jenni comic is that he's not necessarily good or evil, just "mostly good" (and that he's the size of an average human, whereas the other ogres are much bigger). Other than that, he's completely free to mold as anyone sees fit. So, feel free to do so. Doug the Ogre is now released for all under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. And , since I used her in the first Doug the Ogre comic, I'm also releasing Doug's mother for all under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license as well. :)

I'm releasing the Doug The Ogre comic itself under the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 4.0 license, so you can do whatever you want with it, commercial or non-commercial, but everything you create based on it must be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 4.0 license too (that way all pages of the comic that are made are covered under the same license).

There's a Doug the Ogre thread on the Double Fine forums, but you can also contribute here as I'll be keeping both threads up to date with any new comics. So, with all that said and done, here's the Doug the Ogre comics that have been created so far. Feel free to continue it as you see fit in your own style. :)

Created by Darth Marsden (and darkened from the original to make it easier to see by me, you can see the original at the Doug the Ogre thread on the Double Fine forums)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

I decided to bring one of the main characters of the Jenni comic over. Since he's based on a public domain character, it only seemed fair that he be in this. So, with this my take on Merlin is now released under the the Creative Commons Attribution license. I'm releasing my other takes on public domain characters under the Creative Commons Attribution license as well (The Time Machine/H.G. Wells and Margaret Cavendish/The Blazing World, The Big Bad Wolf/The Boy Who Cried Wolf, and Captain Hook). :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:03 am 
Site Admin

Created by flesk (and cleaned up a little by me, you can see the original at the Doug the Ogre thread on the Double Fine forums)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:05 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:18 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hooray! Bidiot Bales brought this back from the dead over at the Double Fine forums. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:57 am 
Site Admin

I’m starting to get in the creative spirit again, so I figured I’d start this collabo back up. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:35 am 
Site Admin

I was working on the Moai code for Doug's Moai Adventure to try to get it playable without needing to install the whole Moai devkit (I haven't figured it out yet, but I'll hopefully figure it out soon), and I realized that I left an important inventory item behind in the game. Whoops.

Well, let's fix that and make it a plot point instead of an omission. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

(Text by InGen_Nate_Kenny, art by me. You can see the original post at the Doug the Ogre thread at the Telltale Games forum)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Long time, no comic. So, let's continue from the last one, shall we? :)

Attachments:
doug12.png
doug12.png [ 49.84 KiB | Viewed 19537 times ]